About us

At the heart of all our faith and work are the teachings of Christ.

We seek to:

• Be an inclusive worship community • Encourage commitment to God • Respond to the needs of the community • Create a sense of belonging across the generations • Foster hopefulness and joy • Strive for justice

We hope you will find a place of warmth and welcome here.

Ministry Team

Parish Groups

History

Contact us

Our Ministry Team

Vicar

The Rev’d Andrew Coyle
andrew@allsaintshowick.org.nz

Priest Associate

The Rev’d Lucy Nguyen
lucy.nguyen@allsaintshowick.org.nz

Priest Assistant

The Rev’d Jim Lam
jimlam_lunfai@yahoo.com.hk

Deacon

To contact members of our ministry team, please contact our parish administrator on 09 534 6864 or email at office@allsaintshowick.org.nz to arrange an appointment.

Parish Groups

Please contact the Church Office for more details: office@allsaintshowick.org.nz

Tuesday Gang

A hard-working group of volunteers (both women and men) who maintain the church lawns and gardens, and enjoy morning tea together.

Journeymen

For men of all ages. Various activities, such as weekends in the bush, movie nights are organised on an occasional basis.

Drawing of selwyn church 1847
New church image

A Short History

All Saints’ is one of the earliest churches in Auckland. Established in 1847, it has been a focal point in a community which has seen many changes through the years.

The old All Saints’ (Selwyn) church was prefabricated at St John’s College, Meadowbank, and hauled by bullock wagon from Howick Beach. It is the icon of historic Howick, and continues to be lovingly maintained and frequently used for worship, weddings and funerals.

With the rapid growth of Howick in the 1960s, the old church proved inadequate for the congregation. And so the ‘new’ All Saints’ was opened in 1970, with seating for about 400.

In 2000, the new church was further extended to provide more flexible spaces for an increasingly diverse range of ministry activities and in June 2004 the old ‘Cook Street Hall’ was reopened as the substantially rebuilt All Saints’ Community Centre.